The US space agency is choosing a landing site for the new Mars 2020 rover that will go to the Red Planet. Three location proposals have been identified for the best.
NASA continues exploration of Mars and in a few years wants to send another rover called Mars 2020, which will explore the planet. The task of the new instrument is to be much more serious as it will have to drill in its surface, exploring the soil and looking for traces of life at a much greater depth.
The Space Agency has not yet chosen the final landing site for the new Jeep, but together with the Californian Monrovia scientists, they have selected three of the best proposals that have the best chance of finding a living there.
Most of the votes were given to the crater Jezero, which in the past was a lake of comparable size to Lake Tahoe. The river flowed to him, so it could be the perfect place to look for traces of life.
The second proposal is Syrtis, where hot water could circulate beneath the surface, while the third was the Columbia Hills. That’s where the Spirit rover discovered silica rocks that correspond to Earth’s hydrothermal mineral deposits.
- Valuable Tips On Sensible Best Wireless Earbuds Keys - 06/10/2017
- NASA announces the winner of the Discovery Award for astronauts - 05/12/2017
- NASA chooses a landing site for the Mars rover - 05/10/2017
- Light business projector - 04/10/2017
- Twitter will help detect crimes - 03/08/2017
- The successor of the popular smartphone is coming - 03/03/2017
- Lockheed Martin is testing a mobile combat laser - 01/30/2017
- Torrent sites are more often a source of threats - 01/21/2017
- An unusual desk will make our work more comfortable - 01/17/2017
- HP Inc introduces new ScanJet scanners for SMEs and corporate clients - 01/16/2017