Lockheed Martin engineers on behalf of the US Army are working on a mobile laser system. 60 kW power weapon will be a defensive weapon that protects against rockets.
Military technology will soon enter the next evolutionary sphere and soon, instead of traditional missiles and rockets, combat will be carried out using laser weapons. Such weapons are not yet common, but military engineers have been working on weapons projects for years. One of them is occupied by Lockheed Martin people.
The company has announced the successful completion of the new 60kW mobile laser power test. The company has already created similar armaments before, but it has so far been able to boast half the power. The achievement is undoubtedly very important, because during the tests we managed to fire a 58 kW radius, thus beating a record in the category of lasers of this type. This was accomplished by combining the radii of several lasers into one strong beam.
- NASA announces the winner of the Discovery Award for astronauts - 05/12/2017
- NASA chooses a landing site for the Mars rover - 05/10/2017
- Light business projector - 04/10/2017
- Twitter will help detect crimes - 03/08/2017
- The successor of the popular smartphone is coming - 03/03/2017
- Lockheed Martin is testing a mobile combat laser - 01/30/2017
- Torrent sites are more often a source of threats - 01/21/2017
- An unusual desk will make our work more comfortable - 01/17/2017
- HP Inc introduces new ScanJet scanners for SMEs and corporate clients - 01/16/2017
- Possible energy problems. How to prepare for it - 01/09/2017